Friday, 1 May 2015

Wow - where'd April go?

Hi

I think I must have blinked and missed April - where did it go?  It went so quickly that the studio was pretty empty, I didn't spend any time in there at all - that's sad.  So what have I got to share with you this month?  Honestly, not very much, so this will be a short post.  

I have recently visited some craft shows and have some hauls to share





 You can see from these pictures that I have been adding to my ink collection.  I like working with the VersaColor pigment inks, there are loads of pretty colours and they are really inexpensive, so if you need a specific colour for a project, they are a good option.  The same applies to the Memento dye inks.  If I'm going to spend more on inks, it has to be the Distress Inks for me.  I love working with them and use them for backgrounds and to watercolour stamped images.  I have recently started to buy the Distress Markers.  It's so easy to scribble the marker onto my craft mat or onto a stamp block and pick up the colour from there with my watercolour brush. 





Here are two examples where I have used both Distress Inks and Markers.  The top photo uses a stamp that is larger than I would usually use and I really enjoyed colouring it.  The leaves need some work, but that's ok, I'm learning all the time.  The second photo shows a cute little tub of plants and I tried this after watching the very talented Dawn from wplus9.  I love watching her work.

So May is here and I fully intend to spend more time being creative.  I have several projects on the go.  I have knitting and sewing started, I am trying to use my camera more often to become a better photographer and I also want to make sure that I make more use of all my lovely crafting materials in the studio.  I'll be making a good start in May as I have a crochet lesson booked for the coming week.  I'll let you know how it goes.  

Thank you for dropping by and I hope you check back at the end of the month to see how the crochet went.


1 comment:

  1. I love seeing your haul posts. It's always fun to put everything from a shopping spree together and see what you got. The watercolour looks really good to, I think if I tried that it could be a big mess x

    ReplyDelete