Monday, 2 November 2015

My Christmas Wishlist

Hi everyone

I'm doing a bit of a different post this month as it's been really busy outside the studio.  I've been having a lovely time helping my youngest daughter plan her wedding and helping my eldest daughter as she has just given birth to her second baby.  It's all been really exciting and I have not really been in the studio at all.

There are so many new art and crafting items coming on to the market all the time and there's always something on my wishlist.  I thought I would share my Christmas wishlist with you.  Hopefully I am on Father Christmas' 'nice list' and not the 'naughty list'!

I absolutely love Tim Holtz Distress Inks from Ranger and have decided to downsize my ink pads and start purchasing the mini pads, I already have a few.


I have found that there is no advantage to having the large ones and I love the idea of being able to free up some space in my drawer.  So first on my wishlist is the Mini Distress Ink Storage Tin from Ranger http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ranger-Holtz-Distress-Storage-TDA42013/dp/B00M266W52


As I mentioned, I have a few of the mini ink pads, but I'd now like to add to my collection. They used to be sold in sets of four, but can now be purchased at http://www.thatscrafty.co.uk/ singly, look at all the beautiful colours that are available http://www.thatscrafty.co.uk/tim-holtz-mini-distress-ink-pads.html.

Next on my list is a stencil.  I have been using stencils a lot in my art journal to add texture and there are several that I have my eye on, but the one that I think I'd like the most is the Prima Bubbles stencil. It seems that it is difficult to find in the UK, so I hope that it has not been discontinued!



One that has been on my list for sometime is the Koi Watercolours Field Box, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koi-Watercolors-Field-Box-Colors/dp/B001OVG40E, I know that lots of crafting people use this one and they always give the colours good reviews.  I also really like the look of the layout of the box and how compact it seems 


There seems to be a bit of a theme going on here because next on my list is also colourful and they are the Dylusions Paints.  The colours are very vibrant and I'd love to try these out in my art journalling. I have seen them used in many layouts and they look so easy to work with  http://www.afth.co.uk/dylusions---acrylic-paints-653-c.asp 


I have become interested in trying some hand lettering and have been looking through one of my go to places for inspiration - Pinterest!  There are loads of different tutorials and websites to have a look at and I have watched several YouTube video tutorials too.  One of the tools that seems to be widely used are the Tombow Dual Brush Pens http://www.tigerpens.co.uk/tombow-abt-dual-brush-pen/p2009, so I think that I may put a couple of these on my wishlist, perhaps a black and a blue or the set of 6 primary colours would be lovely to own.  


So here are a few on my current wishlist, I'd love to see what's on yours?

Thank you for checking in and I hope you'll want to look in again next month to see what's been going on! 




No comments:

Post a Comment